Midland Realty International Limited (the "Company")
The Company is committed to protecting the personal data of individuals and therefore it is the Company's policy to ensure its policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, transfer, retention and access of personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap.486 (the "Ordinance").
Provision of Personal Data
For the purpose of performance of estate agency works by the Company, you may be requested to provide your personal data including but not limited to the name, telephone number, address, email address, contact details, identity card number and copy of any document which may contain your personal data, such as identity card, passport, bank statements and utilities bills. Failure to supply such personal data may result in the Company being unable to perform estate agency works.
Use of Personal Data
The personal data provided by you may be used by the Company for the purpose of :-
Transfer of Personal Data
- performance of estate agency works;
- promotion and marketing of the services, products, reward or loyalty programmes and/or events of the Company and/or the Group Companies*;
- introducing to you the following services and products relating thereto (the Company may or may not receive remuneration as a result of any such introduction) :-
- legal services;
- mortgage referral;
- wealth management; and/or
- compliance with the applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as the guidelines, practice circulars, code of ethics and practice directions issued by the regulatory authorities and applicable to the Company;
- collection of outstanding sums from you;
- legal proceedings and/or enforcement of judgments and/or orders; and/or
- purposes relating to any of the above.
Your personal data held by the Company may be transferred to the following parties and may be transferred outside Hong Kong:-
Collection of Personal Data through Application
- the agents, contractors and/or services providers who provide services to the Company in connection with the business, operation and/or development;
- co-operative estate agents;
- companies within the Group Companies*;
- law firms, banks, financial institutions, insurers, mortgage referral services providers and/or wealth management services providers;
- government agencies, regulatory bodies and/or other lawful authorities;
- courts, tribunals and/or parties to the legal proceedings; and/or
- debt collection agencies.
The Company will not collect any personally identifiable information from you when you use this Application. The Company will only record the number of visits, your mobile phone’s model, operating system version, unique device identifier and manufacturer. However, when you make further enquiry by providing your email address to the Company through this Application, our internet service provider will forward information regarding your email address to the Company’s data base which is protected by “firewalls” to prevent any unauthorized access.
The Company will use best endeavour to make sure that your privacy is under strict protection. However, given the nature of the Internet, no data transmission over it can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure.
Retention of Personal Data
The Company has implemented internal control measures to prevent unauthorized access of personal data. Your personal data will be retained by the Company for 7 years from the date of signing of the provisional agreement of sale and purchase, or the provisional agreement for tenancy (as the case may be) or such longer period as prescribed by applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as guidelines, practice circulars, code of ethics and practice directions issued by the regulatory authorities and applicable to the Company.
The Company will cease to use your personal data for direct marketing if you so request. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing calls or materials, you may write to the Data Protection Officer of the Company at email@example.com or Rooms 2505-2508, World-Wide House, 19 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
Under the Ordinance, you have the right to access and/or correct your personal data. Accordingly, you may write to the Data Protection Officer of the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rooms 2505-2508, World-Wide House, 19 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong. In accordance with the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
All enquiries about this statement or personal data shall be addressed in writing to the Data Protection Officer of the Company at email@example.com or Rooms 2505-2508, World-Wide House, 19 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong.
The Company reserves the right to change this statement and/or any part thereof.
"Group Companies" shall mean the Company, any holding, subsidiary or associated company of the Company and/or any other company within the same group of the Company.